The much awaited Summer is already here and we’re quite feeling it as the temperature gets higher and higher everyday. The good news is, I found a place for you and your family if you need a quick and wonderful weekend getaway. Shercon Resort and Ecology Park in Batangas City is just 2 hours away from Manila. You can either have a Daytour which is 8am to 5pm or overnight. Shercon, one of the most popular resorts in Batangas City located in Brgy. San Sebastian, Mataas Na Kahoy. Aside from the different types of swimming pools, they also have a bunch of other activities to offer. I have it enumerated for you below. Due to popularity and peak since it’s summer, you need to book a reservation prior to the date of the tour. All other information are provided below.
How to get there?
– Take a bus from Buendia (Jam Liner) to Lipa Batangas (Tambo exit) tell the driver to drop you off at Tambo exit
– From Tambo exit, cross the road and take a jeepney going to Mataas na kahoy. Tell the driver to drop you off near the 7/11 store and tricycle terminal
– Take a tricycle going to Shercon
How to go home?
– Just take a tricycle outside the Resort going to 7/11 store. Take a Jeepney going to Robinson’s Lipa or Lasalle Lipa and then from there, you will see Buses going to LRT Taft passing by
1.) Relax and swim in different swimming pools around the resort
2.) Rappelling, wall climbing and Zipline (additional fee for each of these activities)
3.) Cross the Hanging bridge
4.) Check out the human size chess
5.) The maze
6.) Just stroll around and enjoy the Instagram-worthy view
– Bus to Tambo exit 124php (RT 248php)
– Jeepney to Mataas na kahoy 10php
– Tricycle to Shercon 50php/trike (can accommodate 5 person)
– Shercon Entrance Adult 250php (Kids – 150php)
– Daytour Cottage 800php (can accommodate 10pax)
– Food – Sam’s kitchen 2500php serves 8-10 pax or you can bring your own foood
– Total estimate budget is 800php / person (Budget will still depend on how many people in a group)
(0917) 506 1204
(0922) 838 5293
(0939) 904 7130
For more information, visit their website.
As soon as you checked out in Shercon, you can have your dinner or chill in Dreamland cafe.
Side trip to Dreamland Café
1.) Relax and chill in a Hippy arts and crafts café in town
2.) They have board games, reggae music on the background, cool tables and chairs, arts and crafts and you can play music instruments and sing if you want to. All for free.
3.) Food & Beverages price ranges from 100php – 300php
To get there, the nearest landmark is De Lasalle Lipa, you can take a tricycle from mataas na kahoy 7/11 to De Lasalle Lipa. Once you reached Lasalle, look for Lipa Rotary club signboard. Go inside the street and when you see the Hugot café, turn to your right. A few steps and you’ll reach the Dreamland café.